Can I connect a webcam to any SmartTV?
A new study out of the University of Illinois at Chicago finds that children exposed to higher levels of the neurotoxin methylmercury in their water can become highly aggressive and at risk for developing autism.
The study, led by Laura G. DeBartolo, Ph.D., professor of human development and family studies, looked at children who participated in a water-based study at the University of Illinois, Chicago's Children's Hospital and the University of Michigan. Researchers followed more than 700 of the participants between 2002 and 2012.
The study found that the children who had the highest levels of methylmercury in their water were more likely to have autism compared to the children with the lowest levels.
In a press release, DeBartolo explains:
The study did not find that exposure to mercury was a primary cause of autism in the children.
A 2014 study out of the University of Washington found that methylmercury exposure in water was associated with lower IQ.
The study notes that there is a relationship between the amount of mercury
You may be able to buy an optional USB or other video device (I have one in the car and it works well) for the SmartTV, but the SmartTV will not have the software to control it.
What if my SmartTV isn't working?
Here are some things you should know:
- You may be able to use the TV as an external camera, but it will not work if the remote is not compatible with the camera.
- The TV may not recognize the camera as a camera. You will have to make the TV recognize the camera separately.
- If you don't have an HDMI cable for the camera, you can use an adapter (not included).
- You can also use a Wi-Fi adapter.
- If you don't have an external USB hard drive for the camera, you can use an SD card or any other type of device.
If your camera is in a different room and not connected to the TV, you will see the camera's camera icon in the SmartTV's home screen. In other words, the device that is currently connected to the SmartTV is not recognized by the TV as a camera. You can connect it by using the "remote" button.
How do I add a camera to a TV?